A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Why is Tomcat called Tomcat

Every now and again the topic of why Tomcat is called Tomcat pops up and I don't know anyone who actually knew

Anyway I thought I would look it up so if anyone else asked me I could tell them the truth. The reason of course is because James Duncan Davison thought he would save O'Reilly the difficult decision of what animal to associate with a new books that would follow the creation of Tomcat.

The link below also mentions how java got its name as well but I had heard that story before, I think it would have been very amusing if they had called it D flat

http://www.wellho.net/archives/2005/11/why_is_tomcat_c.html

so I would like to that Graham Ellis for giving me the answer to a questions that I have often wondered about but have always been to lazy to look up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home