A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl

I've been studying for my Java 5 exam and most of the time I prefer to work late at night, hence why I am writing this blog late at night.

The main reason why I like studying so late is that I feel that there isn't anything else to do at this time, so I can focus on the work and not get side tracked. The only thing on TV is complete rubbish. I have read that people can be split into to two different camps

Night Owls or Early Birds

I am certainly I night owl as I like staying up late and hate getting up early. I think that it's quite useful if you know this you can then work to the schedule. Watch some TV and chill out earlier and then do some studying later.

I have also read in my Head First Java book that they recommend

Make this the last thing you read before bed. Or at least the last challenging thing.

The book mentions that your brain continues to digest and process the information after you have finished reading it. So it is a good idea not to do anything else after you have learnt some new information. This makes learning something just before you go to bed an ideal time because you don't do anything whilst sleeping.

The above doesn't really matter if you are a night owl or early bird, it just recommends that you read before bed.

The BBC have a test if you are curious to find out what you are, I imagine you already know but here's the link anyway BBC Link

I'm sure I'm not the first or will be the last person staying up late to revise for the Java exam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home