A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Saturday, April 22, 2006

GetBlogs can get out

I submitted my blog to GetBlogs but the cheeky b*%$($£ refused to list my blog, with an email below

"We regret to inform you that at the current time, we have decided not to include your listing in our directory."


How did they know my blog was rubbish I thought, who had told them, damn I knew I shouldn't have told my girl friend (it took me about 3 hours to explain what a blog is) who then told my Mum, who then told every in the family and anyone else who will listen. All I told them was don't bother reading any of it, you will find it boring, just click on the adverts ;-)

Anyway I thought I would see what blogs they had listed on there, hoping to be impressed by the quality that my blog wouldn't be worthy to shine its boots. Onto thesoftwaree and Technology section and the first blog is this

Ben Tinney - A Whole Lotta Nothing
A discussion about computers (particularly, but not exclusively related to interesting web sites, software, visual Basic, C+, and NQC), plus other bits about lego mindstorms, and life in general....

My initial bitter thought (still feeling hurt about the rejection) was that sounds rubbish, LEGO MINDSTORMS, obviously my blog can't hit these high hights. In the name of research I thought I would have a look at the site

The current blog entry is this

Longhorn Transformation Pack

Want to change the looks of your Windows XP and make it look like the upcoming Microsoft Longhorn?


Why the hell would anyone want to do that!

I left the blog at this point, although I have become a little bit fond of it now and I mustn't forget thatit isn'tt Ben Tinney I'm having a rant about. I looked at a few more blog entries and some a interesting (ish). Ben Tinney does make you think, like his entry on

Get the worlds longest email

He starts the entry by saying "this is the funniest and longest email address I have ever seen" and then shows examples of the address being to long to add in many web forms. Excellent stuff. He does have aninterestingg entry on titled "An Evening with Google", I'm being serious now. Giving me this fact

"The infamous "I feel lucky" is nearly never used. However, in trials it was found that removing it would somehow reduce the Google experience. Users wanted it kept. It was a comfort button."

Anyway I recommend you check his blog out. Back to GetBlogs, I typed in Java to search on and most of the top ten results were about JavaScript and then the first Java blog I clicked on took me to a link that wasn't working.

So GetBlogs it's your loss, I wouldn't join your blog directory if you paid me, okay I would join if you paid me but that's very unlikely but just to let you know, not that they are listening but I wouldn't join your blog directory if you got down on your blog directory knees and begged me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home