A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

JavaOne 2006, I've only got enough money for JavaOne 2005

I notice the JavaOne 2006 conference is happening this weekend on April 14th. Of course I would like to go one day but as its in America and you have to pay to attend as well as getting there, I don't imagine I am ever going to go.

So for those of you who can't go, I noticed whilst listening to the Java Posse Podcast (link on the side bar) they mentioned that last years JavaOne 2005 conference had a number of webcasts available to listen to. and all the pdf's for the talks are available to download

if you fancy having a look at the pdfs, this is a good measure of how useful the talks were as here is a list of the top twenty top twenty speakers at Javaone 2005

I quite liked Yet More Programming Puzzlers with Joshua Bloch and Neal Gafter

I was also interested to read about this talk

but that is only because I am currently reading about threads for my SCJP 5 exam
below is a link to the JavaOne 2005 conference webcasts
To be honest I didn't find the webcasts very appealing, they are like many conferences based around the keywords and new functionality of the time, which as its a year ago is not new anymore.

I listened to the webcast with James Gosling, merely because I was interested to see what he looked like, to skip the waffle of the webcast fast forward 15 minutes and 30 seconds.

For those of you who don't know who James Gosling is, he is generally credited as the inventor of the Java programming language, check out his wikipedia page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home