A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

1 mln US jobs to be outsourced by year-end 2006

I saw this on ZDNet today, jobs being outsourced to India is a bit like global warming melting more bits of the antartic, it's not something you are to worried about until it starts to effect you. I wonder how long this will go on until people really start to get concerned about it.

1 mln US jobs to be outsourced by year-end 2006 by ZDNet's ZDNet Research -- The number of jobs offshored from the US to India and elsewhere has tripled since 2003, to a projected total of 1 mln in 2006, with roughly 25% of them in high tech.

Of course I am only talking about my experience their may be people already concerned and people who have lost their jobs. I was made redundant once and although it's not very nice, well actually I didn't mind being paid off to go and find another job. I wasn't too worried because I still felt that there were plenty of jobs out there

Of course if this rate of outsourcing continues I'm pretty sure we will all be concerned. It's just an interesting fact (I'm a sucker for a good fact) I thought I would blog about

2 Comments:

  • You're UK-based, though, aren't you Hosky? In which case you (or, rather, we) shouldn't be too worried, because the UK currently has more insourced jobs (from the US, mainly - think projects like the Microsoft R&D site in Cambridge) than it has outsourced to India and elsewhere(according to outsourcing expert Elizabeth Sparrow in her presentation at BCS Nottm & Derby Branch's Winter School last October).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jun 02, 09:17:00 am 2006  

  • I am indeed UK based and I have to admit I am not concerned at all really because I think there are still lots of jobs in the uk.

    It was more the fact that outsourcing to india, prague, russia has certaily entered the thoughts and companies in England i.e. it's not that unusual.

    but the question is, is this the start and will get worse in the future?

    By Blogger The Hosk, at Fri Jun 02, 09:26:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home