A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

April 2006 search engine market shares: Google - 43.1%, Yahoo! - 28%, MSN - 12.9%

I find this interesting statistic and I have to admit I do like a completely unscientific fact to tell my mates. I have often wondered about the which search engine people use. I did also find another stastic about hte top sites

http://hoskinator.blogspot.com/2006/05/top-web-sites-in-april-2006-yahoo.html whcih Yahoo where top, microsoft and MSN 2nd and 3rd and Google coming in 4th.

The statistic for April shows that Google is by far the most popular search engine but are probably losing out on services supplied like MSN and Yahoo groups. I reckon though the figures will change in the future with google offering more service type programs like Google maps etc.

April 2006 search engine market shares: Google - 43.1%, Yahoo! - 28%, MSN - 12.9% by ZDNet's ZDNet Research -- In April 2006, Google gained in search market share for the 9th consecutive month and maintained its status as market leader with 43.1% of all US searches conducted on its sites. Yahoo! remained in second place with 28.0%, while MSN ranked third with 12.9%. Americans conducted 6.6 bln searches online in April, up 4% from [...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home