A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Pay for certified IT skills up 2.6% in 2005, pay for non-certified up 4.4%

I saw this fact today, which shows you that being certified doesn't guarantee you a higher pay rise, although it doesn't really seem to indicate what the wages were just that the percentage increase wasn't as high.

I suppose I hope getting certified will increase my wage but I think the real benefit is the learning needed to obtain the certification, the knowledge.

here is the quote from ZDNET

Pay for certified IT skills up 2.6% in 2005, pay for non-certified up 4.4% by ZDNet's ZDNet Research -- In 2005 pay for non-certified IT skills grew nearly 70% more than pay for certifications, or 4.4% versus 2.6% respectively, according to Foote. Premium pay for 103 non-certified skills in Q1 2006 averaged about 7.1% of base salary for a single skill, up from 6.8% in Q1 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home