A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Friday, July 14, 2006

Are You Interested in writing a Head First book?

The authors at Head First team are looking for more authors to write in the Head First style.

here is a link to what they want

http://headfirstlabs.com/writeforus.php

what is the Head First style. This is how they describe it

"Head First requires a sense of narrative and pacing, a pinch of humor and a dash of hipness."
I have read two of the books and the description above is very true. They focus on making dry academic subjects into amusing stories but still has the important facts and learning in place.

I found it slightly surprising that they want you to also design the layout of the pages with pictures and placement of text. I suppose you would get into the swing of it. Another thing which I found quite shocking is that they would like there books written in 6-9 months, which sounds a bit like hard work but if you have a deadline then you get it done to the deadline.

If you are interested you have to pass an audition, which the details are here

http://headfirstlabs.com/Audition/audition.pdf

good luck to anyone who enters and I hope you are accepted because I love the head first books and hopefully I will be reading a new one in about 9 months time.

2 Comments:

  • I'm there, that's all there is to it. Hollywood here I come!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jul 17, 12:37:00 am 2006  

  • HAHA

    That was my initial thought, write a bit of Java stuff, be funny, put some funny pictures in, this will be a piece of cake.

    Then I sat down, right what funny story can I put about iteration.......

    bugger this, it looks like far to much hard work. I think I will just stick to reading the books

    By Blogger The Hosk, at Mon Jul 17, 12:40:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home