A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Saturday, July 29, 2006

I never expected this day to come

An interesting turn of events has happen to me. My girlfriend who is baffled about "blogging" and who often tells her mates whislt on the phone that her boyfriend is "writing on his little nerdy blog". Well she is at the same stage of her internet evolution e.g. she has a hotmail account, goggles things, buys stuff of Amazon etc.

My Mother on the other hand has branched out, not only has she left a comment or two on my blog but has started up a blog of her own, called

http://old-gits-wife.blogspot.com/

she was discussing today what she should put in the blog. Initially she was going to put humorous comments and a sort of diary of her everyday life. I think she has changed her mind slightly. My Mother said that after reading a few other blogs she found blogs that just talked about their life bloody boring. So she is going to break it up a bit with some facts. She might include some data about the weather temperature because she has got into a habit of checking the temperature all round the world and bringing it up into conversation. This has it's benefits because it means I don't have to look, the disadvantages are that it can be a tad boring sometimes but then again us Brits do like to talk about the weather, although I did think it was traditionally our own weather.

So there you go, what is the world coming to when your mum is blogging as well. I suppose in the future whole families will have blogs. Soon I imagine we will hear around the dinner table, Mum tell her she keeps blogging nasty things about it.

Anyway I thought I would give my Mum's blog a bit of advertising and give her a link on my blog and it's not to bad.

2 Comments:

  • I'd recommend you actually make it a link, like, where people can click on it ;) It'll get more people to check out her site, and it's good for her pagerank (AFAIK plain text URLs don't affect the pagerank).
    Like your blog btw!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Aug 03, 11:34:00 am 2006  

  • Excellent suggestion, I thought I had but clearly in my shock I hadn't (fool of a took)

    Interesting comment about url links and page rank, very good advice.

    finally and most importantly thanks for the comments about the blog.

    By Blogger The Hosk, at Thu Aug 03, 11:39:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home