A Funny Java Flavoured Look at the World

Friday, October 06, 2006

Pragmatic Programmer sample chapters

I found a very interesting article - 5 books every developer should read on DZone it's of a type you will have no doubt seen before but no doubt couldn't help clicking on again,

the "random number" of books a developer should read

Of course reads these articles to see how many they can tick off. I find these articles more useful the more I read because it then isn't just one persons opinion but a number of people and I can then see what books appear more than once. Although saying that I also find it interesting seeing a book that hasn't made it onto a previous books list.

I will say that this list is very well done, it's short so it's quick to read and it has sample chapters of the five books he lists, he finishes off with a five more just titles that didn't make the list.

below is an example of the one of the entries and useful to me because it lists all the Pragmatic programmer free excerpts in one place (and hence I have put in my blog so I can find it again)

The Pragmatic Programmer
The pragmatic programmer provides invaluable advice to those who are just starting to program, and those who have been programming for years. By following the authors' simple rules you should have gained some programming wisdom that a programmer would realize in a decade.

Extracts from the book
The Preface
Software Entropy
Programming by Coincidence
Evil Wizards
Balance Resources
Summary of the book's tips
Contents

I really like the pragmatic programmer site and articles it has on there and I have read some of these free sample chapters before but there are a few I haven't read.

Whilst I am talking about the pragmatic Programmer here is list of all the tips on one html page

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000103.html


whilst makes it easier to print out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home